We offer veterinary acupuncture for cats and dogs
Commonly Asked Questions
What are some symptoms and conditions that acupuncture may be able to treat?
- Pain relief
- Healing from injuries
- Relief from long-term discomfort
What is a typical range for the number of treatments required for a cat or dog receiving acupuncture?
- Most cats need at least 2 sessions before you see a response
- Most dogs need at least 3 sessions before you see a response
- We like to provide treatment once a week for 2-3 weeks and then keep them on a maintenance regimen where we see them every few months
Are there different types of acupuncture available for my pet?
- Dry needling
- Aquapuncture (placing sterile saline or B12 in the site)
- Electroacupuncture (adding little electrical probes with very mild intensity)
- Moxibustion (burning a specific type of wool near the acupuncture needle)
How long does a veterinary acupuncture treatment take?
- We typically leave needles in for 15-30 minutes depending on the disease process, the patient's age and the severity of the disease.
If you have questions, you can call us directly at;(718) 267-7251,
or you can email us at [email protected]